In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
Z-FA-FMK is a control peptidic fluoromethylketone (boc-Thr-CH2F), and inhibitor to calpain (Ac-Leu-Leu-norleucinal), cathepsin B (Z-Phe-Ala-CH2F), and CPP32-like proteases (Z-DEVD-CH2F) . A peptidyl fluoromethyl ketone (cathepsin B) was found to be an effective compound in a time dependent inactivation of cathepsin B isozymes from a number of tissues including human tumors . The inhibitor of cathepsins B and L Z-FA-fmk blocks the induction of DEVDase activity, DNA fragmentation, and externalization of phosphatidylserine by selective RRMs. Z-FA-FMK can inhibit caspase activity in vitro and selectively inhibits recombinant effector caspases 2, -3, -6, and -7. In contrast, purified initiator caspases 8 and 10 are not affected, whereas the apoptosome-associated caspase 9 is only partially inhibited by Z-FA-FMK in vitro. 
It is an inhibitor of cysteine proteases, such as cathepsin B, which do not require a P1 Asp residue. It may be used as a negative control inhibitor for FMK P1 Asp caspase inhibitors.
1. Inhibition of the interleukin-1 beta converting enzyme family rescues neurons from apoptotic death. Lynch, T., Vasilakos, J.P., Raser, K., Keane, K.M., Shivers, B.D. Mol. Psychiatry (1997)
2. Visualization of time-dependent inactivation of human tumor cathepsin B isozymes by a peptidyl fluoromethyl ketone using a fluorescent print technique. Smith, R.E., Rasnick, D., Burdick, C.O., Cho, K.J., Rose, J.C., Vahratian, A. Anticancer Res. (1988)
3. Lopez-Hernandez, F. J., Ortiz, M. A., Bayon, Y., & Piedrafita, F. J. (2003). Z-FA-fmk Inhibits Effector Caspases but not Initiator Caspases 8 and 10, and Demonstrates That Novel Anticancer Retinoid-related Molecules Induce Apoptosis via the Intrinsic Pathway1. Molecular cancer therapeutics, 2(3), 255-263.
- 1. Mohammed Mohasin, Katharin Balbirnie-Cumming, et al. "Macrophages utilize mitochondrial fission to enhance mROS production during responses to Streptococcus pneumoniae." bioRxiv. 2019 August 02.
- 2. Hodges AL, Kempen CG, et al. "TNF Family Cytokines Induce Distinct Cell Death Modalities in the A549 Human Lung Epithelial Cell Line when Administered in Combination with Ricin Toxin." Toxins (Basel). 2019 Aug 1;11(8). pii: E450. PMID:31374990
|Physical Appearance||A solid|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Synonyms||Z-FA-FMK, Z-Phe-Ala-fluoromethyl ketone, Z-Phe-Ala-FMK, Zfa-FMK, Z-Phe-Ala-CH2F, Cathepsin B, Caspase Inhibitor|
|Solubility||≥13.45mg/mL in DMSO, ≥3.57 mg/mL in EtOH with ultrasonic,insoluble in H2O|
|Chemical Name||benzyl N-[1-[(4-fluoro-3-oxobutan-2-yl)amino]-1-oxo-3-phenylpropan-2-yl]carbamate|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice.All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37°C and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.|
|Description||Z-FA-FMK is an irreversible inhibitor of cysteine protease|