Apoptosis, also known as programmed cell death, is rigorously controlled process of cell death that leads to phagocytosis of unwanted cell. It is triggered after sufficient cellular damage and activated through extrinsic or intrinsic pathways. The intrinsic pathway is mainly occurs via release of cytochrome c from the mitochondria and regulates mitochondrial outer membrane permeabilization by Bcl-2 family proteins. The extrinsic pathway is induced by ligand binding to death receptor, such as Fas, TNFαR, DR3, DR4, and DR5. Caspases then cleave target proteins and nuclear lamins to promote DNA degradation, resulting apoptotic cells undergo phagocytosis. In addition, p53 has the ability to activate intrinsic and extrinsic pathways of apoptosis by inducing transcription of several proteins like Puma, Bid, Bax, TRAIL-R2, and CD95.
Some Inhibitors of apoptosis proteins (IAPs), such as XIAP/BIRC4 and Bruce/BIRC6, can block casapse activity through direct binding, while other IAPs, such as cIAP1/BIRC2, cIAP2/BIRC3, act as ubiquitin ligases that target caspases for ubiquitin-mediated degradation. Apoptosis is essential for growth, development and aging in multicellular organisms. Any alterations or abnormalities occurring in apoptotic processes contribute to development of human diseases, including cancer.
Items 1-10 of 223
- VU661013Catalog No. :A8783Novel, potent, selective MCL-1 inhibitor
VU661013 is a novel, potent, selective MCL-1 inhibitor (Ki of 97 ± 30 pM).
- PD-1/PD-L1 inhibitor 2Catalog No. :B6023PD-1/PD-L1 interaction inhibitor
- Z-VAD-FMKCatalog No. :A1902Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor
Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor. Inhibits caspase processing and apoptosis induction in tumor cells in vitro (IC50 = 0.0015 - 5.8 mM). Active in vivo.
- 7BIOCatalog No. :C5685caspase independent nonapoptotic cell death inducer
- Se-AspirinCatalog No. :C5667nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- F16Catalog No. :C5565potential antitumor agent
- NK 252Catalog No. :C5715Nrf2 activator
- ML-291Catalog No. :C5358apoptosis inducer
- Z-Asp-CH2-DCBCatalog No. :C4981caspase inhibitor
- PsoralidinCatalog No. :C4962apoptosis inducer