BAX (the BCL-2-associated X protein), a cardinal pro-apoptotic member of the BCL-2 family, is a latent, cytosolic and monomeric protein that plays an important role in the mitochondria-dependent apoptotic pathway. The nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopic analysis suggests that the structure of Bax consists of nine α-helices (α1 to α9) connected by short loops, in which α5, α6 and α9 are involved in the interaction of Bax with outer mitochondrial membrane (OMM). Bax remains inactive in cytosol and goes through conformational changes triggered by a cell death signal to insert, oligomerize and form large pores through the OMM with the releasing of different apoptogenic factors.
- PRIMA-1METCatalog No. :A4484Restore mutant p53 activity, induce BAX and PUMA
PRIMA-1MET selectively restores the activity of mutant p53 in tumor cells.
- PRIMA-1Catalog No. :A4483BAX inhibitorSelectively restores mutant p53 activity in tumor cells via activation of Bax and PUMA. Induces apoptosis and inhibits growth of human tumors with mutant p53.
- Bax inhibitor peptide, negative controlCatalog No. :A4462Peptide inhibit Bax translocation to mitochondriaNegative control peptide for the Bax inhibitor peptides V5 and P5 , which inhibit Bax translocation to mitochondria and Bax-mediated apoptosis in vitro.
- Bax inhibitor peptide V5Catalog No. :A4461Bax inhibitorCell-permeable synthetic peptide inhibitor of Bax translocation to mitochondria; designed from Ku70, a protein that is suggested to suppress the mitochondrial translocation of Bax. Inhibits Bax-mediated apoptosis in vitro.
- Bax inhibitor peptide P5Catalog No. :A4460Bax inhibitorCell-permeable synthetic peptide inhibitor of Bax translocation to mitochondria; designed from Ku70, a protein that is suggested to suppress the mitochondrial translocation of Bax. Inhibits Bax-mediated apoptosis in vitro.
- Bax channel blockerCatalog No. :A4459Inhibitor of Bax-mediated mitochondrial cytochrome c releasePotent inhibitor of Bax-mediated mitochondrial cytochrome c release (IC50 = 0.52 μM). Suggested to inhibit Bax channel formation/activity.
- BAM7Catalog No. :A3218BAX activator,direct and selectiveBAM7 is a direct and selective activator of BAX with IC50 value of 3.3uM .