Glucose metabolism plays a significant role in cell proliferation, growth, survival, and tumorgenesis. Hormones such as insulin regulate the maintenance of glucose homeostasis. Insulin binding to the insulin receptor (IR) activates the insulin receptor substrate (IRS) protein, followed by the activation of PI3K/Akt and Erk1/2 signaling pathways, leads to the translocation of Glut4 vesicles, glucose uptake, cell proliferation and survival. Abnormal insulin signaling is implicated in diabetes, obesity, atherosclerosis and neurodegenerative disease etc.
Serine/threonine kinase AMPK upregulates glucose uptake by promoting the expression and function of glucose transporters. AMPK is activated by increased AMP/ATP ratio, resulting from cellular and environmental stress, e.g. low glucose, heat shock, hypoxia and ischemia. AMPK activation positively modulates signaling transductions that refill ATP levels. Moreover, it also stimulates catabolic processes such as fatty acid oxidation and glycolysis through inhibition of ACC and activation of PFK2. AMPK negatively regulates various proteins which are important to ATP-consuming mechanisms, e.g. mTORC2, glycogen synthase, SREBP-1, and TSC2, causing the downregulation/inhibition of gluconeogenesis and glycogen, lipid and protein synthesis.
Items 1-10 of 445
- Liproxstatin-1 HClCatalog No. :B8221A potent ferroptosis inhibitor
Liproxstatin-1 HCl is a potent inhibitor of ferroptosis with IC50 value of 22 nM .
- IsosafroleCatalog No. :A8703A stiripentol analog, a potent LDH inhibitor.Isosafrole, a stiripentol analog, is a potent LDH inhibitor.
- StiripentolCatalog No. :A8704An LDH inhibitorStiripentol is an LDH inhibitor
- (-)-p-Bromotetramisole OxalateCatalog No. :B4750ALP inhibitor, potent and non-specific
(-)-p-Bromotetramisole Oxalate (L-(-)-p-Bromotetramisole Oxalate, L-p-Bromotetramisole Oxalate, (-)-4-Bromotetramisole Oxalate) is a potent and non-specific inhibitor of alkaline phosphatase and is also an inhibitor of protein tyrosine phosphatases  .
- N,N'-DicyclohexylureaCatalog No. :C3458soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) inhibitor
- Oleyl Trifluoromethyl KetoneCatalog No. :C5719potent inhibitor of FAAH
- 5,8,11-Eicosatriynoic AcidCatalog No. :C5811nonselective inhibitor of lipoxygenases (12-LO)
- Cycloguanil (hydrochloride)Catalog No. :C5763inhibitor of dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR)
- ST638Catalog No. :C5678tyrosine kinase inhibitor and PLD inhibitor
- RB394Catalog No. :C5671dual modulator of soluble epoxide hydrolase (sEH) and PPARγ