Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) protease, belonging to the aspartic proteinase family, is an enzyme encoded by the pol open reading frame (ORF) of HIV genome that catalyze the posttranslational processing of the HIV polyproteins to yield structural proteins of the viral core and enzymes. The chemical structure of a HIV protease molecule is a symmetrical homodimer in which the interface is formed primarily by a four-stranded antiparallel β-sheet. A conserved D25-T26-G27 triad has been identified in each HIV protease monomer, which is positioned in a loop forming part of the catalytic site. HIV protease has been found to cleave peptide bonds in the p55 gag and p160 gag-pol polyproteins as well as in various cellular proteins in vitro, including calmodulin, pro-interleukin 1β and NF-KB.
- Darunavir EthanolateCatalog No. :B4950nonpeptidic HIV protease inhibitor
- TipranavirCatalog No. :A3876HIV protease inhibitorTipranavir is a potent HIV protease inhibitor, which has been proven effective in inhibiting the HIV protease with a Ki value of 8 pM and showing an IC90 value of 100 nM .
- Saquinavir mesylateCatalog No. :A3791HIV Protease InhibitorSaquinavir is a potent inhibitor HIV protease with Ki value of 0.12 and < 0.1 nM for HIV-1 and HIV-2 protease.
- SaquinavirCatalog No. :A3790HIV Protease InhibitorSaquinavir is an HIV Protease Inhibitor used in antiretroviral therapy. Saquinavir inhibits both HIV-1 and HIV-2 proteases. Studies have also looked at Saquinavir as a possible anti-cancer agent.
- Nelfinavir MesylateCatalog No. :A3653HIV protease inhibitor,antiretroviral drug for HIV treatmentNelfinavir Mesylate is a potent inhibitor of HIV-1 protease .
- Fosamprenavir Calcium SaltCatalog No. :A3421Prodrug of antiretroviral protease inhibitor amprenavirGW433908G is a selective inhibitor of antiretroviral protease with the concentration of 1395 mg nM once daily in clinical trial .
- BMS-626529Catalog No. :A3253HIV-1 attachment inhibitor
BMS-626529 is a member of the new drug class of HIV-1 attachment inhibitors currently in development.
- Amprenavir (agenerase)Catalog No. :A8201HIV-1 protease inhibitorAmprenavir (agenerase), an N,N-disubstituted hydroxyethylamino sulfonamide, is a novel inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) protease that potently inhibits the activity of HIV-1 protease with a value of 50% inhibition concentration IC50 of 0.6 nM and also weakly inhibits HIV-2 protease with IC50 value of 19 nM.
- DarunavirCatalog No. :A8206HIV-1 protease inhibitorDarunavir is an orally-bioavailable non-peptidic inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) protease that selectively inhibits HIV-1 protease enzyme induced cleavage of gag and gag-pol poly-proteins preventing the maturation of virions and also inhibits the dimerization of HIV-1 protease suppressing proteolytic activity and subsequent replication of HIV-1.
- RitonavirCatalog No. :A8203HIV protease inhibitorRitonavir, previously known as ABT-538, is a potent inhibitor of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) protease that exhibits potent in vitro inhibition against HIV-1 strain as well as HIV-2 strain with 50% effective concentration EC50 values of 0.022 μM and 0.16 μM respectively.