Ubiquitination is a process in targeting proteins for degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitin (Ub) is a 76 amino acid polypeptide which can be covalently attached to various cellular proteins by the ubiquitination process. This ubiquitin-proteasome system plays a vital role in cell division, growth, differentiation, transcriptional regulation, apoptosis and immunity etc. Three main types of enzymes are involved in the process of ubiquitination. In the ﬁrst step, activation of ubiquitin is carried out by ubiquitin-activating enzyme (E1) through an ATP-dependent reaction. In the second step, the activated ubiquitin is transferred from E1 to ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (E2). In the final step, the ubiquitin protein ligase (E3) is required for labeling the ubiquitin to target substrate protein. An isopeptide bond is formed between the carboxyl terminus of ubiquitin and the ε-amino group of a lysine residue in the target protein.
Once the substrate protein is labeled, proteasome will bind to a polyubiquitin chain, allowing the degradation of the labeled protein. The polyubiquitinated target protein is then recognized and degraded by the 26S proteasome. Deubiquitinating enzymes (DUBs) reverse the process of ubiquitination by removing ubiquitin from its substrate protein. Dysregulation of the ubiquitin-proteasome system has been linked to cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases etc.
Items 1-10 of 85
- CB-5083Catalog No. :B6032p97 inhibitor
- STF-62247Catalog No. :B2151Autophagy inducer in renal cellSTF-62247 shows selectivtoxicity and growth inhibition of renal cells lacking VHL; 25-fold greater sensitivity observed for cells with VHL deficiency compared to wild-type (VHL+).
- DihydroeponemycinCatalog No. :A8172Proteasome inhibitor,antitumor reagent,eponemycin ddrivativeDescription:IC50: 100 nm (antiproliferative IC50) 
- HMB-Val-Ser-Leu-VECatalog No. :C4090inhibitor of the trypsin-like activity of the 20S proteasome
- C598-0466Catalog No. :A8740USP7 inhibitor
- Ubiquitin Isopeptidase Inhibitor ICatalog No. :C3250ubiquitin isopeptidase inhibitor
- VPS34-IN1Catalog No. :B6179Vps34 inhibitor
- MRT68921Catalog No. :B6174dual autophagy kinase ULK1/2 inhibitor
- PIK-IIICatalog No. :B6160VPS34 inhibitor and inhibits autophagy
- ML241 hydrochlorideCatalog No. :B6122p97 ATPase inhibitor