Proteases, also known as peptidases or proteolytic enzymes, consists of a large number of enzymes catalyzing the hydrolysis of peptide bonds and subsequently resulting in the degradation of protein substrates into amino acids. Proteases are involved in a wide range of human diseases, including cancer, neurodegenerative disorders, inflammatory diseases and cardiovascular diseases. Thus numerous proteases inhibitors (small molecules and proteins) have been identified to block activity of proteases. Proteases inhibitors can be classified into different types based on the class of proteases they inhibit through two general mechanisms, irreversible “trapping” reactions and reversible tight-binding reactions. Proteases inhibitors have been used as diagnostic or therapeutic agents for the treatment of proteases-related diseases.
Items 1-10 of 249
- Darunavir EthanolateCatalog No. :B4950nonpeptidic HIV protease inhibitor
- Cathepsin Inhibitor 1Catalog No. :B2084Cathepsin inhibitorCathepsin Inhibitor 1 is an inhibitor of Cathepsin (L, L2, S, K, B) with pIC50 of 7.9, 6.7, 6.0, 5.5 and 5.2, respectively.
- Z-VAD-FMKCatalog No. :A1902Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor
Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor. Inhibits caspase processing and apoptosis induction in tumor cells in vitro (IC50 = 0.0015 - 5.8 mM). Active in vivo.
- PD 145305Catalog No. :C5830selective inhibitor of calpains
- MMP-2 Inhibitor IICatalog No. :C5818irreversible inhibitor of MMP-2
- MMP-2 Inhibitor ICatalog No. :C5615reversible inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2
- MMP-2/MMP-9 Inhibitor ICatalog No. :C5598potent inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) and MMP-9
- ChymostatinCatalog No. :C5589chymotryptase-like serine proteases inhibitor
- Tosyllysine Chloromethyl Ketone (hydrochloride)Catalog No. :C5839serine proteinases inhibitor
- Calpain Inhibitor XIICatalog No. :C5347reversible and selective inhibitor of calpain I