In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
(-)-Lobeline hydrochloride is a modulator of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) with various binding affinity. It displays very low affinity (Ki > 10000nM) for α7 receptors, but high affinity for rodent and human α4β2 receptors (Ki=1.4-2 nM).  It inhibits α7 nAChRs with an IC50 value of 8.5 µM. 
nAChRs are composed of different subunits, and multiple populations of nAChRs exist; brain nAChRs are primarily of the α4β2 and α7 type. 
In vitro, clastogenicity of lobeline and possible interactions between lobeline and ethyl alcohol were investigated in a mutagen-sensitivity assay on cultures of human lymphoblastoid cell lines. Lobeline alone was not clastogenic, but there was a marked increase in genetic damage resulting from a coclastogenic interaction between lobeline and ethyl alcohol. 
In vivo, male C57BL/6J mice were individually housed and acclimatized to 10% alcohol. Lobeline is a partial nicotinic agonist that attenuates alcohol consumption and preference in male C57BL/6J mice.  CF-1 male mice received an intraperitoneal injection of lobeline (5 or 10mg/kg). Lobeline did not show genotoxic or mutagenic effects and did not increase the ethanol-induced genotoxic effects in blood. Lobeline also protected blood cells against oxidative damage induced by hydrogen peroxide. 
1. Flammia D1, Dukat M, Damaj MI, et al. Lobeline: structure-affinity investigation of nicotinic acetylcholinergic receptor binding. J Med Chem. 1999 Sep 9; 42 (18):3726-31.
2. Briggs CA, McKenna DG. Activation and inhibition of the human alpha7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor by agonists. Neuropharmacology. 1998 Sep; 37 (9):1095-102.
3. Farook JM, Lewis B, Gaddis JG, et al. Lobeline, a nicotinic partial agonist attenuates alcohol consumption and preference in male C57BL/6J mice. Physiol Behav. 2009 Jun 22; 97 (3-4):503-6.
4. da Costa E Silva LD, Rodrigues LC1, Dos Santos VR1.et al. Evaluation of mutagenic and genotoxic activities of lobeline and its modulation on genomic instability induced by ethanol. Life Sci. 2014 May 17; 103 (2):73-8.
5. Brown NM, Trizna Z, Pathak S. Clastogenic interactions between lobeline sulfate and ethyl alcohol: a cytogenetic study. Anticancer Res. 1992 Sep-Oct; 12 (5):1467-9.
|Physical Appearance||A solid|
|Storage||Store at RT|
|Solubility||≥74.8mg/mL in DMSO, ≥37.8mg/mL in H2O with ultrasonic and warming, ≥37.5mg/mL in EtOH with ultrasonic|
|Chemical Name||2-((2S,6S)-6-((S)-2-hydroxy-2-phenylethyl)-1-methylpiperidin-2-yl)-1-phenylethanone hydrochloride|
|Canonical SMILES||O[[email protected]](C1=CC=CC=C1)C[[email protected]]2N(C)[[email protected]](CC(C3=CC=CC=C3)=O)CCC2.Cl|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice.All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37°C and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.|
Quality Control & MSDS
- View current batch:
Purity = 99.75%
- COA (Certificate Of Analysis)
- NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)