In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
Filipin is the collective name given to four isomeric polyene macrolides isolated from cultures of S. filipinensis; Filipin III is the predominant isomer and the one used in most studies. Filipin binds to cholesterol in membranes, forming ultrastructural aggregates and complexes which can be visualized by freeze-fracture electron microscopy [1,2]. The binding of cholesterol also decreases the intrinsic fluorescence of Filipin, and this property has also been used to detect cholesterol in membrane fractions .
. Castanho M A R B, Coutinho A, Prieto M J E. Absorption and Fluorescence Spectra of Polyene Antibiotics in the Presence of Cholesterol. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1992, 267(1): 204-209.
. MILLER, R. The use and abuse of filipin to localize cholesterol in membranes. Cell Biology International Reports, 1984, 8(7): 519-535.
. Nicholas J. Severs, Horst Robenek. Detection of microdomains in biomembranes An appraisal of recent developments in freeze-fracture cytochemistry. Biochim Biophys Acta, 1983,737(3-4):373-408.
- 1. Xue-Ming Zhu , Lin Li, et al. "A VASt-domain protein regulates autophagy, membrane tension, and sterol homeostasis in rice blast fungus." Autophagy. 2020 Nov 11. PMID:33176558
- 2. Zheng ZG, Zhu ST, et al. "Discovery of a potent SCAP degrader that ameliorates HFD-induced obesity, hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance via an autophagy-independent lysosomal pathway." Autophagy. 2020;1-22. PMID:32432943
- 3. Dong Y, Gao J, et al. "Antigen-Conjugated Silica Solid Sphere as Nanovaccine for Cancer Immunotherapy." Int J Nanomedicine. 2020;15:2685-2697. PMID:32368049
- 4. Xiao J, Li W, et al. "Targeting 7-Dehydrocholesterol Reductase Integrates Cholesterol Metabolism and IRF3 Activation to Eliminate Infection." Immunity. 2020;52(1):109–122.e6. PMID:31882361
- 5. Li Y, Yang B, et al. "Oral delivery of imatinib through galactosylated polymeric nanoparticles to explore the contribution of a saccharide ligand to absorption." Int J Pharm. 2019 Jul 9;568:118508. PMID:31299337
- 6. Siu FY, Ye S, et al. "Galactosylated PLGA nanoparticles for the oral delivery of resveratrol: enhanced bioavailability and in vitro anti-inflammatory activity." Int J Nanomedicine. 2018 Jul 13;13:4133-4144. PMID:30038494
- 7. Zu-Guo Zheng, Chong Lu, et al. "Praeruptorin B improves diet-induced hyperlipidemia and alleviates insulin resistance via regulating SREBP signaling pathway." RSC Adv., 2018, 8, 354.
|Physical Appearance||A crystalline solid|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO|
|Canonical SMILES||O[[email protected]@H]1/C(C)=C/C=C/C=C/C=C/C=C/[[email protected]](O)[[email protected]@H](C)OC([[email protected]@]([[email protected]](O)CCCCC)([H])[[email protected]@H](O)C[[email protected]@H](O)C[[email protected]@H](O)C[[email protected]@H](O)C[[email protected]@H](O)C[[email protected]@H](O)C1)=O|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution: ship with blue ice. All other available sizes: ship with RT, or blue ice upon request.|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility, please warm the tube at 37°C and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while. Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.|
|Cell experiment :|
ergosterol-containing ciliary membranes
This compound is soluble in DMSO. General tips for obtaining a higher concentration: Please warm the tube at 37°C for 10 minutes and/or shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while. Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.
Filipin induced lysis of lecithin-cholesterol and lecithin-ergosterol vesicles, but did not lyse vesicles prepared from lecithin alone and from mixtures of lecithin and epicholesterol, thiocholesterol, androstan-3/3-ol, or cholestanol. Filipin treatment of ergosterol-containing ciliary membranes produced annuli with mean diameter almost identical with that in filipin-treated lecithin-ergosterol vesicles.
Please test the solubility of all compounds indoor, and the actual solubility may slightly differ with the theoretical value. This is caused by an experimental system error and it is normal.
. Bittman R, Chen W C, Anderson O R. Interaction of filipin III and amphotericin B with lecithin-sterol vesicles and cellular membranes. Spectral and electron microscope studies[J]. Biochemistry, 1974, 13(7): 1364-1373.