ApexPrep DNA Plasmid Miniprep Column Only
For purification of up to 20 μg molecular biology grade plasmid DNA
- Ready-to-use plasmid DNA in minutes
- Reproducible yields of molecular biology grade plasmid DNA
- Single protocol for high- and low-copy vectors
The ApexPrep Spin Miniprep Kit is designed for isolation of up to 20 μg high-purity plasmid or cosmid DNA for use in routine molecular biology applications such as fluorescent and radioactive sequencing and cloning.
DNA Miniprep Protocol Using a Microcentrifuge
1. Inoculate 1-5 ml LB medium (selective antibiotic added) with a single colony, incubate with vigorous shaking at 37 °C overnight.
2. Harvest bacteria by centrifuging at > 6000 rpm for 5 min. Remove supernatant and keep pellet.
3. Resuspend bacterial pellet with 250 μl Buffer P1 and transfer to a fresh microcentrifuge tube.
4. Add 250 μl Buffer P2 and mix gently by inverting 5-6 times at room temperature.
5. Add 350 μl Buffer P3 and mix gently by inverting 5-6 times. Spin down at 12000 rpm for 10 min to remove bacterial/protein debris. Transfer supernatant to a spin column.
6. Centrifugation at 6000 rpm for 1 min. Discard flow-through.
7. (Optional), wash spin column with 0.5 ml Buffer PB; centrifuge at 6000 rpm for 1 min, and discard flow-through.
8. Wash spin column with 0.75 ml Buffer PE; centrifuge at 6000 rpm for 1 min, and discard flow-through.
9. Centrifuge at 12000 rpm for an additional 1 min to remove residual wash buffer.
10. To elute DNA, place the column in a clean 1.5 ml collection tube. Add 50 μl Buffer EB to the center of the membrane, let stand for 1 min, and centrifuge at 12000 rpm for 1 min to collect eluted DNA.
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice.All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|