Aminopeptidases are a group of enzymes widely distributed among bacteria, fungi, animals and plants that catalyze the cleavage of amino acids from the amino terminus of protein or peptide substrates through hydrolysis of peptide bonds near the N-terminal end of a polypeptide chain. Most aminopeptidases are assembled by relatively high mass (50kDa) subunits exhibiting multimeric structures, whereas some are monomeric. The majority of aminopeptidases are zinc metalloenzymes and hence inhibited by the transition-state analog bestatin. Aminopeptidases have been found in many subcellular organelles as well as in cytoplasm and membrane, where they are involved in diverse proteolytic pathways and play an essential role in protein maturation, degradation of non-hormonal and hormonal peptides and possibly determination of protein stability.
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A8622 Bestatin trifluoroacetate Bestatin trifluoroacetate (Ubenimex ) is a competitive aminopeptidase inhibitor, which is studied for use in the treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia.
- A8621 Bestatin hydrochloride Bestatin hydrochloride (Ubenimex ) is a competitive aminopeptidase inhibitor, which is studied for use in the treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia.
- A2575 Bestatin Ubenimex(Bestatin) is a specific inhibitor of aminopeptidase B and leucine aminopeptidase. It did not show any inhibition of aminopeptidase A, trypsin, chymotrypsin, elastase..
- C4189 Arphamenine B (hemisulfate)
- C3708 L-Leucine 4-methoxy-β-naphthylamide (hydrochloride)
- C3622 TNP-470
- A4408 SC 57461A SC-57461A is a selective inhibitor of human recombinant LTB4 with IC50 value of 49 nM.
- A4407 Fumagillin Antibiotic and antiangiogenic agent; covalently binds and inhibits methionine aminopeptidase-2. Inhibits endothelial cell proliferation in vitro and tumor-induced angiogenesis in vivo. Also inhibits tumor growth in mice. Analog available, TNP 470 (Cat.No. 3750).
- A4355 Tosedostat (CHR2797) Tosedostat is a novel and potent oral aminopeptidase inhibitor with clinical activity in a previous phase 1–2 study in elderly patients with relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukaemia (AML).