Aromatase is an enzyme which belongs to the cytochrome p450 superfamily. It localizes on the endoplasmic reticulum of estrogen producing cell and catalyzes the final step of estrogen biosynthesis, converting androgen to estrogens.
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
Aminoglutethimide is an aromatase inhibitor with IC50 of 10 μM.
- B1382 Anastrozole Anastrozole (Arimidex,ZD1033) is a potent and selective inhibitor of aromatase with an IC50 value of 14.6 nM or 0.0043μg/ml .
- A1307 Letrozole Letrozole is a novel and potent type (II) aromatase inhibitor with IC50 of 11.5 nM. It belongs to the reversible non-steroidal compound family which can inhibit Arom. However, there is no evidence that it can affect the adrenal steroidogenesis.
- A1296 Exemestane Exemestane is a novel selective and irreversible aromatase inhibitor with an IC50 value of 27 nM. The human placental aromatase was proved to be inhibited by exemestane with Ki of 26 nM and t1/2 of 13.9 min.
- B1381 Formestane Selective, irreversible and competitive type I steroidal aromatase inhibitor. Shows minor androgenic activity. Reduces plasma levels of estrogen and shows antitumor effects in vivo. Orally active.