Recombinant Human IL-21, Tag Free
In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
Interleukin-21(IL-21) has been shown to be produced by natural killer T (NKT) cells , IL-21 has been documented to regulate the differentiation and function of several CD4 T cell subsets including Th1 cells , Th2 cells , Th17 cells , regulatory T (Treg) cells , type 1 regulatory T (Tr1) cells , and Tfh cells . Moreover, IL-21 also plays roles in the differentiation of Th9 cells and follicular regulatory T (Tfr) cells , as well as the production of IL-22 by CD4 T cells . The functional significance of IL-21 in regulating CD8 T cell responses is highlighted by its essential role in sustaining anti-viral CD8 T cells during chronic LCMV infections . Additionally, IL-21 cooperates with IL-10 to promote the maturation of memory CD8 T cells via the transcription factor STAT3 .
1. Coquet JM, et al. IL-21 is produced by NKT cells and modulates NKT cell activation and cytokine production. J Immunol. 2007;178:2827–2834.
2. Wurster AL, et al. Interleukin 21 is a T helper (Th) cell 2 cytokine that specifically inhibits the differentiation of naive Th cells into interferon gamma-producing Th1 cells. J Exp Med. 2002;196:969–977.
3. Pesce J, et al. The IL-21 receptor augments Th2 effector function and alternative macrophage activation. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2044–2055.
4. Nurieva R, et al. Essential autocrine regulation by IL-21 in the generation of inflammatory T cells. Nature. 2007;448:480–483.
5. Attridge K, et al. IL-21 inhibits T cell IL-2 production and impairs Treg homeostasis. Blood. 2012;119:4656–4664.
6. Spolski R, et al. IL-21 mediates suppressive effects via its induction of IL-10. J Immunol. 2009;182:2859–2867.
7. Vogelzang A, et al. A fundamental role for interleukin-21 in the generation of T follicular helper cells. Immunity. 2008;29:127–137.
8. Ding Y, et al. Interleukin-21 promotes germinal center reaction by skewing the follicular regulatory T cell to follicular helper T cell balance in autoimmune BXD2 mice. Arthritis & rheumatology. 2014;66:2601–2612.
9. Basu R, et al. Th22 cells are an important source of IL-22 for host protection against enteropathogenic bacteria. Immunity. 2012;37:1061–1075.
10. Yi JS, et al. A vital role for interleukin-21 in the control of a chronic viral infection. Science. 2009;324:1572–1576.
11. Cui W, et al. An interleukin-21-interleukin-10-STAT3 pathway is critical for functional maturation of memory CD8+ T cells. Immunity. 2011;35:792–805.
|Synonym||CVID11; IL-21; Za11|
|Bio Activity||Determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of murine CTLL-2 cells:
ED50：< 0.1 ng/mL
Specific activity: > 1x107units/mg.
Quality Control & MSDS
- View current batch:
Purity ≥ 95%, by SDS-PAGE and HPLC.
Endotoxin Level: < 0.1 ng/μg
Components and Storage
|Formulation||The protein is dissolved in PBS buffer.|
This product is stable after storage at:
4°C for 1 week;
-20°C for 3 months.
Please avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.