In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
Ferrostatin-1 is a selective inhibitor of ferroptosis.
Ferroptosis is a regulated, oxidative, nanapoptotic cell death, Ferrostatin-1 has been founded as a potent inhibitor of it. Fer-1 can attenuate oxidative, iron-dependent cancer cell death through blocking cystine import and glutathione production. It had been reported to prevent Huntington's disease cellular models to death by inhibiting lipid peroxidation.
1. Skouta, R., et al., Ferrostatins inhibit oxidative lipid damage and cell death in diverse disease models. J Am Chem Soc, 2014. 136(12): p. 4551-6.
- 1. Hu Z, Zhang H, et al. "VDR activation attenuate cisplatin induced AKI by inhibiting ferroptosis." Cell Death Dis. 2020;11(1):73. Published 2020 Jan 29. PMID:31996668
- 2. Zhou HH, Chen X, et al. "Erastin Reverses ABCB1-Mediated Docetaxel Resistance in Ovarian Cancer." Front Oncol, 9, 1398 2019 Dec PMID:31921655
- 3. Xiaohong Zhang, Xueshuang Xing, et al. "Ionizing radiation induces ferroptosis in granulocyte-macrophage hematopoietic progenitor cells of murine bone marrow." Int J Radiat Biol , 1-35 2020 Jan 6. PMID:31906761
- 4. Wang H, Liu C, et al. "Inhibition of LONP1 protects against erastin-induced ferroptosis in Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma PANC1 cells." Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2019 Dec 7. pii: S0006-291X(19)32315-0. PMID:31822343
|Physical Appearance||A solid|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Solubility||≥9.8 mg/mL in DMSO, ≥99.6 mg/mL in EtOH with ultrasonic,insoluble in H2O|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution: ship with blue ice. All other available sizes: ship with RT, or blue ice upon request.|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility, please warm the tube at 37°C and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while. Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.|
|Cell experiment :|
Healthy medium spiny neurons, oligodendrocytes, kidney proximal tubules cell
The solubility of this compound in DMSO is >9.8mg/mL. General tips for obtaining a higher concentration: Please warm the tube at 37 ℃ for 10 minutes and/or shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while. Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.
10 nM, 100 nM, and 1 μM
Fer-1 (10 nM, 100 nM, and 1 μM) significantly increased the number of healthy MSNs. Fer-1 (1 μM) statistically increased the number of healthy MSN. Fer-1 (100 nM) fully protected oligodendrocytes from cystine deprivation. Fer-1 (0.1-2 μM) prevented lethality induced by hydroxyquinoline and ferrous ammonium sulfate (HQ + Fe; 10 μM each).
Please test the solubility of all compounds indoor, and the actual solubility may slightly differ with the theoretical value. This is caused by an experimental system error and it is normal.
. Skouta R, Dixon S J, Wang J, et al. Ferrostatins inhibit oxidative lipid damage and cell death in diverse disease models[J]. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 2014, 136(12): 4551-4556.
|Description||Ferrostatin-1 is a selective inhibitor of erastin induced ferroptosis with EC50 value of 60 nM.|
|Targets||erastin induced ferroptosis|
|IC50||60 nM (EC50)|
Quality Control & MSDS
- View current batch: