Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktails
Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail
Phosphorylation is the progress of adding a phosphoryl group to intermediate metabolites or proteins. Protein phosphorylation is an important post-translational modification that can alter the structural conformation of protein, which then regulates the function, location and specific binding of target protein. Many cellular processes are regulated by the reversible phosphorylation of proteins and 30% proteins are likely to be phosphorylated at some point during their existence. Phosphorylation of protein is considered the most abundant post-translational modification in eukaryotes.
Phosphatases catalyze the hydrolysis of a phosphomonoester, removing a phosphate moiety from different kinds of substrates. Their activity of dephosphorylation is opposite to those of kinases, which are responsible for phosphorylation processes. According to their substrate specificity, phosphatases can be divided into several classes, such as tyrosine-specific phosphatases, serine/threonine specific phosphatases, dual specificity phosphatases and histidine phosphatase.
Phosphatase inhibitor cocktails
When cells are lysed to extract proteins, phosphatases in cells are free to dephosphorylate proteins in an uncontrolled manner. In order to study the phosphorylation state of certain proteins, the phosphorylated residues must be preserved. Therefore, the use of phosphatase inhibitors is essential for phosphorylation studies to keep phosphorylated proteins. Apexbio provides a series of phosphatase inhibitor cocktails to inhibit wide range of phosphatases and protect proteins from dephosphorylation.
The activity of Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 3 is similar to Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 1. In order to inhibit a wide range of phosphatases, it is recommended to use Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 2 together with Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 1 or Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 3.
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- K1015 Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail (2 Tubes, 100X) K1012+K1013
- K1012 Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 1 (100X in DMSO) For serine/threonine protein phosphatases and L-isozymes of alkaline phosphatases.
- K1013 Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 2 (100X in ddH2O) For tyrosine protein phosphatases, acid and alkaline phosphatases.
- K1014 Phosphatase Inhibitor Cocktail 3 (100X in DMSO) For serine/threonine protein phosphatases and L-isozymes of alkaline phosphatases.