The innate immune system is triggered when microbial pathogens are targeted by pattern recognition receptors such as Toll-like receptors (TLRs) that recognize the pathogen-associated molecular patterns. The activated TLRs initiate a cascade of interaction between various intracellular signaling adaptors including MyD88, IRAKs, and TRAF6, resulting the activation of the MAP kinase, NF-κB, and IRF signaling pathways, which mediate inflammation through the production of inflammatory cytokines, chemokines, type I IFN, and antimicrobial peptides.
The adaptive immune system consists of B and T lymphocytes which mediate humoral immunity (e.g. antibody response) and cell-mediated immunity, respectively. B cell receptor and T cell receptor signaling is responsible for activation of Src family tyrosine kinases, such as Blk, Fyn, and Lyn in B cells and Fyn and Lck in T cells, resulting phosphorylation of the receptor-associated ITAM motifs. Phosphorylated ITAMs serve as the docking sites for Syk family tyrosine kinases, e.g. Syk in B cells and Zap-70 in T cells. Activated Syk kinases then propagate the signals via phosphorylation of downstream proteins. Furthermore, lymphocyte receptor signaling facilitates B and T cell development, differentiation, proliferation and survival.
Items 21-30 of 126
- A1072 immunoglobulin light chain variable region fragment [Homo sapiens]/[Mus musculus]Summary: Immunoglobulin light chain fragment
- A1071 immunoglobulin light chain variable region fragment [Homo sapiens]Summary: Immunoglobulin light chain fragment
- A1070 IgG light chain variable region [Homo sapiens]/IgM/kappa antibody [Mus musculus]Summary: IgG light chain region
- A1069 ferritin heavy chain fragment [Multiple species]Summary: Ferritin heavy chain fragment
- A1065 egg white lysozyme (19-36) [Gallus gallus]Summary: Dissolution of cell wall
- A1035 Papain InhibitorTarget: PapainsSummary: Inhibitor of peptidase activity of Papain
- C5785 GardiquimodSummary: agonist of human toll-like receptor 7 (TLR7)
- C4569 IKK-16 (hydrochloride)Summary: IκB kinases (IKKs) inhibitor
- C4592 ATB-337Summary: hybrid molecule of an H2S donor and the NSAID diclofenac
- C4277 ML351Summary: human reticulocyte 15-LO-1 inhibitor