Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) are a family of antiapoptotic proteins that suppress apoptosis by binding to and inhibiting caspases 3, 7 and/or 9. Members of IAP family are characterized by a novel baculoviral IAP repeat (BIR) domain (approximate 70 amino acids) in which a conserved cysteine and histidine residues (Cx2Cx6Wx3Dx5Hx6C) represents a novel zinc-binding fold. However, not all proteins with BIR domain qualify to be an IAP family member. The ability to suppress apoptosis is required as well. So far, eight members of human IAP family have been identified, which are divided into three classes, including class I (XIAP, cIAP1, cIAP2, ILP2 and MLIAP), class II (NAIP) and class III (SURVIVIN and BRUCE).
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A3891 Triptolide Triptolide is the major bioactive constituent extracted from the Chinese herb Tripterygium wilfordii.
- A3019 AT-406 (SM-406)
SM-164 is a bivalent mimetic of Smac with Ki values of 0.31 nM, 1.1 nM and 0.56 nM for cIAP-1, cIAP-2 and XIAP, respectively .
- A8235 Embelin Embelin, a natural benzoquinone from plants of the genus Embelia, is an inhibitor of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein (XIAP) with IC50 of 4.1 μM.
- A4221 YM155 Sepantronium bromide, also known as YM155, is a novel small-molecule suppressant of surviving, the smallest member of inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) gene family.
- A4219 Birinapant (TL32711) Birinapant, also called TL32711, is a potent antagonist for XIAP with Kd value of 45 nM and cIAP1 with Kd value <1 nM .
- A4224 GDC-0152 GDC-0152 is a potent small-molecule antagonist of inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) proteins, including ML-IAP, XIAP, cIAP1 and cIAP2, that binds to the BIR domain of ML-IAP and the BIR3 domains of XIAP, cIAP1 and cIAP2 with values of inhibition constant Ki of 14 nM, 28 nM, 17 nM and 43 nM respectively.
- A3541 LCL161 LCL161 is a small molecular antagonist of the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) with IC50 value of 10.23 μM in Hep3B cells .
- B4653 BV6 BV6 is a selective inhibitor of IAP family with IC50 value of 7.2 μM when tested with H460 cells .