Proteases, also known as peptidases or proteolytic enzymes, consists of a large number of enzymes catalyzing the hydrolysis of peptide bonds and subsequently resulting in the degradation of protein substrates into amino acids. Proteases are involved in a wide range of human diseases, including cancer, neurodegenerative disorders, inflammatory diseases and cardiovascular diseases. Thus numerous proteases inhibitors (small molecules and proteins) have been identified to block activity of proteases. Proteases inhibitors can be classified into different types based on the class of proteases they inhibit through two general mechanisms, irreversible “trapping” reactions and reversible tight-binding reactions. Proteases inhibitors have been used as diagnostic or therapeutic agents for the treatment of proteases-related diseases.
Products for Proteases
- Gamma Secretase(31)
- HCV Protease(22)
- HIV Integrase(16)
- HIV Protease(16)
- NS3/4a protease(6)
- Serine Protease(11)
- Cysteine Protease(0)
- Other Proteases(15)
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- B4950 Darunavir Ethanolate
- B2084 Cathepsin Inhibitor 1 Cathepsin Inhibitor 1 is an inhibitor of Cathepsin (L, L2, S, K, B) with pIC50 of 7.9, 6.7, 6.0, 5.5 and 5.2, respectively.
Cell-permeable, irreversible pan-caspase inhibitor. Inhibits caspase processing and apoptosis induction in tumor cells in vitro (IC50 = 0.0015 - 5.8 mM). Active in vivo.
- B2208 Ramipril Ramipril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor with IC50 of 5 nM.
- B2204 Enalaprilat Dihydrate Enalaprilat is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor with IC50 of 1.94 nM.
- B1037 Alvelestat Alvelestat is an orally bioavailable inhibitor of neutrophil elastase (NE) with IC50 value of pIC50 value of 7.9 .
- A8650 Saxagliptin Saxagliptin is a drug which was developed for the treatment of respiratory disorders such as asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD).
- A8622 Bestatin trifluoroacetate Bestatin trifluoroacetate (Ubenimex ) is a competitive aminopeptidase inhibitor, which is studied for use in the treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia.
- A8621 Bestatin hydrochloride Bestatin hydrochloride (Ubenimex ) is a competitive aminopeptidase inhibitor, which is studied for use in the treatment of acute myelocytic leukemia.
- A8420 Doxycycline HCl Doxycycline Hydrochloride is a synthetic tetracycline derivative with similar antimicrobial activity.