TGF-β / Smad Signaling - PKA - PKC - Cell Experiments
Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β)/Smad signaling pathway is involved in a number of cellular processes, including cell growth, differentiation, motility and adhesion etc. This signaling pathway plays a crucial part in mammalian development as well as in tumor suppression through inhibition of proliferation and induction of apoptosis in multiple cell types.
The TGF-β family is generally classified into two sub-families, TGF-β ligands, and bone morphogenic protein (BMP) ligands. In canonical signaling, receptor activation lead to phosphorylation of a group of transcription factors called Smads. TGF-β ligands bind to type II receptors (TGF-β II) which recruit and phosphorylate type I receptor (TGF-β I) on serine/threonine residues. The TGF-β I then recruits and phosphorylates a receptor regulated Smad (R-Smad). The R-Smad binds to the common Smad (Co-Smad) and forms a heterodimeric complex. This complex then translocates into the cell nucleus where it binds with nuclear co-factors to regulate the transcription of various target genes. Dysregulation of TGF-β/Smad signaling pathway is associated with a number of pathological conditions including fibrosis, cancer, immunodeficiency, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases etc.
- B6803 Rottlerin1 CitationTarget: PKC|Ca2 /calmodulin-dependent protein kinases (CaMKs)|PRAK|MAPKAP-K2Summary: PKC inhibitor
- B3709 Midostaurin (PKC412)Target: PKC|PKA|KDR|Flk1|PPK|c-Syk|CDK1/CyclinBSummary: PKC inhibitor
- B2191 Dequalinium ChlorideTarget: PKC|Calcium-Activated Potassium (KCa) ChannelsSummary: anti-tumor agent and PKC inhibitor
- B1287 Ro 31-8220Target: PKCSummary: pan-PKC inhibitor
- A8342 GF 109203X1 CitationTarget: PKCSummary: Protein kinase C,MLCK,PKG and PKA inhibitor
- A8341 Go 6976Target: PKCSummary: PKCα/PKCβ1 inhibitor
- A1670 Enzastaurin (LY317615)2 CitationTarget: PKCSummary: PKC beta inhibitor,potent and selective
- A3306 Chelerythrine ChlorideTarget: PKCSummary: PKC antagonist