Neuroscience - Voltage-gated Potassium (KV) Channels - 5-HT1 Receptors
Neurons are the foundations of the sophisticated neural networks. Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, glutamate, and GABA, are crucial signaling molecules for the delivery of neuronal signals. Neurons synthesize/import neurotransmitters, and store them in presynaptic vesicles. A neuronal impulse is propagated by the vesicles released from presynaptic neurons.
Neurotransmitter receptors function via various G-protein coupled and G-protein independent mechanisms that activate downstream intracellular signaling pathways such as cAMP/PKA, PI3K/AKT, phospholipase A2, and phospholipase C pathways. For instance, dopamine receptors act through adenylate cyclase to activate PKA and other signaling molecules, thereby mediate gene expression through the actions of CREB and other transcription factors. Other neurotransmitters such as NMDAR or AMPAR are associated with ion channels that control flux of Ca2+ and Na+, thus propagating the action potential across the post-synaptic neuron.
Dysfunctions in GABAergic/glutamatergic/serotonergic/dopaminergic pathways result in a broad range of neurological disorders such as chronic pain, neurodegenerative diseases, and insomnia, as well as mental disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and addiction.
- Target: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1 receptor agonist
- Target: D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: dopamine D3 receptor antagonist
- Target: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1A receptor agonist
- Target: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1A agonist
- Target: 5-HT2 Receptors|D2 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|5-HT7 ReceptorsSummary: Dopamine D2/5-HT2A/5-HT7/5-HT1A inhibitor
- 1 CitationTarget: 5-HT2 Receptors|D1 and D5 Receptors|D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|5-HT7 ReceptorsSummary: Dopamine receptor antagonist
- Target: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT receptor partial agonist
- Target: 5-HT2 Receptors|D1 and D5 Receptors|D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|D4 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT receptor antagonist
- Target: Voltage-gated Potassium (KV) Channels|5-HT4 ReceptorSummary: 5-HT4 receptor agonist
- Target: 5-HT2 Receptors|D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Dopamine receptor antagonist