Neuroscience - Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I Receptors - PAFR - Histamine H1 Receptors
Neurons are the foundations of the sophisticated neural networks. Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, glutamate, and GABA, are crucial signaling molecules for the delivery of neuronal signals. Neurons synthesize/import neurotransmitters, and store them in presynaptic vesicles. A neuronal impulse is propagated by the vesicles released from presynaptic neurons.
Neurotransmitter receptors function via various G-protein coupled and G-protein independent mechanisms that activate downstream intracellular signaling pathways such as cAMP/PKA, PI3K/AKT, phospholipase A2, and phospholipase C pathways. For instance, dopamine receptors act through adenylate cyclase to activate PKA and other signaling molecules, thereby mediate gene expression through the actions of CREB and other transcription factors. Other neurotransmitters such as NMDAR or AMPAR are associated with ion channels that control flux of Ca2+ and Na+, thus propagating the action potential across the post-synaptic neuron.
Dysfunctions in GABAergic/glutamatergic/serotonergic/dopaminergic pathways result in a broad range of neurological disorders such as chronic pain, neurodegenerative diseases, and insomnia, as well as mental disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and addiction.
- A3316 Clemizole hydrochlorideTarget: Histamine H1 Receptors|TRPC channelSummary: H1 histamine receptor antagonist
- B5532 NPS 2390Target: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: group I mGlu antagonist
- B6569 CHPGTarget: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: mGlu5 metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist
- B7072 2-Pyridylethylamine dihydrochlorideTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Histamine H1 receptor agonist
- B1568 Azelastine HClTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Potent, second-generation, selective, histamine receptor antagonist
- B1566 Rupatadine Fumarate1 CitationTarget: Histamine H1 Receptors|PAFRSummary: Inhibitor of PAF and histamine (H1) receptor
- B1563 Pemirolast potassiumTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Histamine H1 receptor antagonist
- B1549 Hydroxyzine 2HClTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Histamine H1-receptor antagonist
- B1548 Cyclizine 2HClTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: Histamine H1 receptor antagonist
- B1547 Cetirizine DiHClTarget: Histamine H1 ReceptorsSummary: H1 receptor inverse agonist