Neuroscience - Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I Receptors - GluR - Gap Junctions
Neurons are the foundations of the sophisticated neural networks. Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, glutamate, and GABA, are crucial signaling molecules for the delivery of neuronal signals. Neurons synthesize/import neurotransmitters, and store them in presynaptic vesicles. A neuronal impulse is propagated by the vesicles released from presynaptic neurons.
Neurotransmitter receptors function via various G-protein coupled and G-protein independent mechanisms that activate downstream intracellular signaling pathways such as cAMP/PKA, PI3K/AKT, phospholipase A2, and phospholipase C pathways. For instance, dopamine receptors act through adenylate cyclase to activate PKA and other signaling molecules, thereby mediate gene expression through the actions of CREB and other transcription factors. Other neurotransmitters such as NMDAR or AMPAR are associated with ion channels that control flux of Ca2+ and Na+, thus propagating the action potential across the post-synaptic neuron.
Dysfunctions in GABAergic/glutamatergic/serotonergic/dopaminergic pathways result in a broad range of neurological disorders such as chronic pain, neurodegenerative diseases, and insomnia, as well as mental disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and addiction.
- A1045 Gap 274 CitationTarget: Gap JunctionsSummary: Selective gap junction blocker
- A1044 Gap 268 CitationTarget: Gap JunctionsSummary: Gap junction blocker peptide, mapping to connexin 43 residue 63-75
- B5532 NPS 2390Target: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: group I mGlu antagonist
- B6569 CHPGTarget: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: mGlu5 metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist
- B1572 LatrepirdineTarget: Voltage-gated Calcium Channels (CaV)|NMDA receptor|adrenergic receptor|Histamine receptors|GluR|5-HT receptor|dopamine receptors|AMPA receptorSummary: Brain cell death inhibitor
- A8389 Carbenoxolone disodium1 CitationTarget: Gap JunctionsSummary: 11β-HSD inhibitor
- A2700 10Panx1 CitationTarget: Gap JunctionsSummary: Panx-1 mimetic inhibitor