Neuroscience - Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I Receptors - GluR - 5-HT1 Receptors
Neurons are the foundations of the sophisticated neural networks. Neurotransmitters such as dopamine, glutamate, and GABA, are crucial signaling molecules for the delivery of neuronal signals. Neurons synthesize/import neurotransmitters, and store them in presynaptic vesicles. A neuronal impulse is propagated by the vesicles released from presynaptic neurons.
Neurotransmitter receptors function via various G-protein coupled and G-protein independent mechanisms that activate downstream intracellular signaling pathways such as cAMP/PKA, PI3K/AKT, phospholipase A2, and phospholipase C pathways. For instance, dopamine receptors act through adenylate cyclase to activate PKA and other signaling molecules, thereby mediate gene expression through the actions of CREB and other transcription factors. Other neurotransmitters such as NMDAR or AMPAR are associated with ion channels that control flux of Ca2+ and Na+, thus propagating the action potential across the post-synaptic neuron.
Dysfunctions in GABAergic/glutamatergic/serotonergic/dopaminergic pathways result in a broad range of neurological disorders such as chronic pain, neurodegenerative diseases, and insomnia, as well as mental disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and addiction.
- B4981 SumatriptanTarget: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1 receptor agonist
- B5532 NPS 2390Target: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: group I mGlu antagonist
- B6569 CHPGTarget: Glutamate (Metabotropic) Group I ReceptorsSummary: mGlu5 metabotropic glutamate receptor agonist
- B6457 8-Hydroxy-PIPAT oxalateTarget: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1A receptor agonist
- B6337 8-Hydroxy-DPAT hydrobromideTarget: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT1A agonist
- B1572 LatrepirdineTarget: Voltage-gated Calcium Channels (CaV)|NMDA receptor|adrenergic receptor|Histamine receptors|GluR|5-HT receptor|dopamine receptors|AMPA receptorSummary: Brain cell death inhibitor
- B1477 Lurasidone HClTarget: 5-HT2 Receptors|D2 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|5-HT7 ReceptorsSummary: Dopamine D2/5-HT2A/5-HT7/5-HT1A inhibitor
- B1490 Quetiapine Fumarate1 CitationTarget: 5-HT2 Receptors|D1 and D5 Receptors|D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|5-HT7 ReceptorsSummary: Dopamine receptor antagonist
- B2232 AripiprazoleTarget: 5-HT1 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT receptor partial agonist
- B2235 ClozapineTarget: 5-HT2 Receptors|D1 and D5 Receptors|D2 Receptors|D3 Receptors|5-HT1 Receptors|D4 ReceptorsSummary: 5-HT receptor antagonist