JAK/STAT Signaling - Breast Cancer
The JAK (Janus kinase) / STAT (signal transducer and activator of transcription) signaling pathway transduce signals that are essential for development, cellular differentiation and homeostasis. This pathway plays a critical role in cytokine receptor systems, regulating growth, survival and pathogen resistance. JAK is a family of non-receptor protein tyrosine kinases, consisting of JAK1, JAK2, JAK3 and TYK2 (Tyrosine Kinase-2). STATs are transcription factors that activated following recruitment to an activated receptor complex, seven STAT proteins have been identified: STAT1, STAT2, STAT3, STAT4, STAT5A, STAT5B and STAT6.
Various ligands including cytokines (e.g. interferons and interleukins), hormones (e.g. erythropoietin and growth hormone) and their cell surface receptors activate JAK proteins, which autophosphorylate, and then phosphorylate the receptor. Subsequently, JAKs phosphorylate a specific tyrosine residue on the STAT protein, promoting dimerization via SH2 domains. The activated STATs form homo-/heterodimers and translocate to the nucleus to trigger target gene transcription. In addition, suppressors of cytokine signaling (SOCS) family inhibit receptor signaling via homologous or heterologous feedback regulation. Dysregulation in JAK/STAT signaling is associated with diseases such as atherosclerosis, immunodeficiencies and cancer.
- A8375 AZD8931 (Sapitinib)Target: EGFR|ErbBSummary: ErbB inhibitor
- A8366 ARRY-380Target: HER2Summary: Tyrosine kinase HER2 and p95-HER2 inhibitor
- A8322 Neratinib (HKI-272)1 CitationTarget: EGFRSummary: HER2/EGFR inhibitor,potent and irreversible
- A2224 Stattic5 CitationTarget: STATSummary: STAT3 inhibitor,small-molecule and potent
- A2822 AC480 (BMS-599626)Target: EGFRSummary: HER1/2 inhibitor,selective and efficacious
- A2412 CP-724714Target: VEGFR|PDGFR|Bcr-Abl|Src|EGFR|c-MET|Insulin Receptors|IRG-1RSummary: HER2 inhibitor,potent and selective
- A8219 Gefitinib (ZD1839)3 CitationTarget: EGFRSummary: Selective EGFR inhibitor
- A4512 Cucurbitacin ITarget: STAT|JAKSummary: STAT3/JAK2 signaling inhibitor
- A3433 Gefitinib hydrochlorideTarget: EGFRSummary: Potent EGFR inhibitor
- A3012 Ruxolitinib (INCB018424)4 CitationTarget: JAKSummary: JAK inhibitor