In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
SC 79 is an activator of Akt. Akt/PKB with anti-apoptotic activity (a serine/threonine protein kinase) is one of the major downstream targets of PtdIns P3 signaling pathway.
In vitro: SC79 was identified by a cell-based high-throughput chemical genetic screening, and inhibits Akt membrane translocation. However, Akt was paradoxically activated by SC79in the cytosol, specifically binding to the PH domain of Akt. The conformation of SC79-bound Akt is favorable for phosphorylation by upstream protein kinases. In a mouse model and a hippocampal neuronal culture system for ischemic stroke, the result of augmented neuronal survival is attained, based on the cytosolic activation of Akt by SC79, which is sufficient to recapitulate the primary cellular function of Akt signaling. Thus, SC79, a unique specific Akt activator, may be applied to enhance Akt activity in various physiological and pathological conditions.
In vivo: In aqueous environment, SC79 is relatively unstable. Intriguingly, however, the sustained level of phosphorylated Akt was observed both in cell culture and in vivo after the removal of SC79, indicating that SC79 may act irreversibly. The chemical moieties of SC79 (i.e., nitrile group) could be modified and/or reacts with amino acids. Nevertheless, SC79, a relatively safe drug, was revealed by following fact. Assignment of SC79 treatment much high dose (0.4 mg/g of body weight) did not accelerate any detectable changes in body weight (survival rate, appearance, and behavior) in mice. Achievement of neuronal protective effect by i.p. injection suggests that SC79 also has a good penetration of blood–brain barrier. SC79 can be applied as a chemical platform to develop novel drugs for neurological and other complications
Clinical trial: So far, no clinical study has been conducted.
 Jo H, Mondal S, Tan D, Nagata E, Takizawa S, Sharma AK, Hou Q, Shanmugasundaram K, Prasad A, Tung JK, Tejeda AO, Man H, Rigby AC, Luo HR. Small molecule-induced cytosolic activation of protein kinase Akt rescues ischemia-elicited neuronal death. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012 Jun 26; 109 (26):10581-6.
- 1. Ren X, Xia W, et al. "Lgr4 deletion delays the hair cycle and inhibits the activation of hair follicle stem cells." J Invest Dermatol. 2020;S0022-202X(20)30133-0. PMID:32035093
- 2. Zeng CY, Yang TT, et al. "Lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of Klotho in the brain improves Alzheimer's disease-like pathology and cognitive deficits in mice." Neurobiol Aging. 2019 Feb 13;78:18-28. PMID:30851437
- 3. Fu X, Halim A, et al. "MT1-MMP downregulation via the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway is required for the mechanical stretching-inhibited invasion of bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells." J Cell Physiol. 2019 Jan 19. PMID:30659604
- 4. Zhu Y, Li Q, et al. "TLR activation inhibits the osteogenic potential of human periodontal ligament stem cells through Akt signaling in a Myd88- or TRIF-dependent manner." J Periodontol. 2018 Oct 26. PMID:30362568
- 5. Zhang B, Wang W, et al. "Inositol polyphosphate-4-phosphatase type II plays critical roles in the modulation of cadherin-mediated adhesion dynamics of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas." Cell Adh Migr. 2018 Aug 19:1-16. PMID:29952716
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Solubility||≥36.5mg/mL in DMSO|
|Chemical Name||ethyl 2-amino-6-chloro-4-(1-cyano-2-ethoxy-2-oxoethyl)-4H-chromene-3-carboxylate|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution: ship with blue ice. All other available sizes: ship with RT, or blue ice upon request.|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility, please warm the tube at 37°C and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while. Stock solution can be stored below -20°C for several months.|
Quality Control & MSDS
- View current batch:
Purity = 98.00%
- COA (Certificate Of Analysis)
- NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)
- MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)