Caspases (cysteine-dependent aspartate specific ptotease) are a family of cysteine proteases that play an essential role in cell apoptosis. Caspases contain a conserved QACXG pentapeptide active site motif and are characterized by specificity for aspartic acid in the P1 position. The synthesis of caspases involves the activation of inactive proenzymes, which contain an N-terminal peptide (prodomain) together with two subunits (one small and one large), following cleavage at specific aspartate cleavage sites. Caspases can be classified into three subfamilies, due to phylogenetic analysis, including an ICE subfamily (caspases-1, -4 and -5), a CED-3/CPP32 subfamily (caspases-3, -6, -7, -8, -9 and -10) and an ICH-1/Nedd2 subfamily (caspase-2).
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- B3233 Z-LEHD-FMK Z-LEHD-FMK is a specific, irreversible Caspase-9 inhibitor.
- A8165 Q-VD(OMe)-OPh The broad spectrum caspase inhibitor, Q-VD-OPh, provides a cost effective, non toxic, and highly speciﬁc means of apoptotic inhibition and provides new insight into the design of new inhibitors1.
- A8321 Cisplatin Cisplatin is a highly effective and broad-spectrum chemotherapeutic agent .
- A8177 PAC-1 Procaspase-activating compound; activates procaspase-3 to produce caspase-3 (EC50 = 0.22 μM). Also activates procaspase-7 in a less efficient manner (EC50 = 4.5 μM). Pro-apoptotic; induces apoptosis in both cancerous and non-cancerous cells dependent on procaspase-3 concentration (IC50 values are 0.003 - 1.41 and 5.02 - 9.98 μM respectively).
- A4420 PETCM Caspase-3 activator. Acts via inhibition of the oncoprotein ProT, therefore stimulates apoptosome formation and subsequent caspase-3 activation in a cytochrome c-dependent manner.
- A4016 Apoptosis Activator 2 Apoptosis Activator 2 is a small molecule apoptosis activator with IC50 value of about 4μM .
- A8170 Z-FA-FMK An inhibitor of cysteine proteases, such as cathepsin B, which do not require a P1 Asp residue.
- A4417 Ivachtin Potent, reversible inhibitor of caspase-3 (IC50 = 23 nM) that displays moderate selectivity over other caspases. Exhibits antiapoptotic activity in human Jurkat T cells treated with staurosporine; exhibits a higher level of protection than Z-VAD-FMK.
- A1930 Apoptosis Inhibitor Apoptosis Inhibitor is a cell-permeable inhibitor of apoptosis induction. It does not directly inhibit caspase-3, but effects are attributable to the inhibition of caspase-3 activation.
- A4416 AZ 10417808 AZ 10417808 is a selective caspase-3 inhibitor with IC50 value of 14.9 uM .