Epigenetics means above genetics. It determines how much and whether a gene is expressed without changing DNA sequences. Epigenetic regulations include, 1. DNA methylation: the addition of methyl group to DNA, converting cytosine to 5-methylcytosine, mostly at CpG sites; 2. Histone modifications: posttranslational modificationEpigeneticss of histone proteins including acetylation, methylation, ubiquitylation, phosphorylation and sumoylation; 3. miRNAs: non-coding microRNA downregulating gene expression; 4. Prions: infectious proteins viewed as epigenetic agents capable of inducing a phenotype without changing the genome.
Products for Chromatin/Epigenetics
- Aurora Kinase(35)
- DNA Methyltransferase(14)
- Histone Acetyltransferases(21)
- Histone Demethylases(33)
- Histone Methyltransferase(53)
- MBT Domains(1)
- Protein Ser/Thr Phosphatases(34)
- RNA Polymerase(7)
- Sphingosine Kinase-2(1)
- Polycomb repressive complex(2)
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A8191 Nanaomycin A Nanaomycin A is a selective inhibitor of DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) with IC50 value of 500 nM .
- A4547 Thiolutin Antibiotic; inhibits bacterial RNA polymerase. Inhibits adhesion of HUVEC cells to vitronectin (IC50 = 0.83 mM) and subsequently reduces paxillin levels. Suppresses tumor cell-induced angiogenesis.
- A4546 Mithramycin A Anticancer antibiotic that selectively binds to G-C-rich DNA in the presence of Mg2+ or Zn2+, inhibiting RNA and DNA polymerase action. Inhibits c-myc expression and induces myeloid differentiation of HL-60 promyelocytic leukemia cells.
- A4544 NSC 87877 IC50: NSC-87877 potently inhibited Shp2 with an IC50 of 0.318 ± 0.049 μM. NSC-87877 seemed to have no selectivity between human Shp2 and Shp1 (IC50 0.355 ± 0.073μM).
- A4543 BVT 948 PTPs inhibitor
- A4542 Alexidine dihydrochloride Selective inhibitor of protein tyrosine phosphatases localized to mitochondrion 1 (PTPMT1) (IC50 = 1.08 μM in vitro). Stimulates increased insulin secretion by β-cells in rat pancreatic islets. Displays antitcancer properties in FaDu cells.
- A4541 Sal 003 Cell-permeable inhibitor of cellular phosphatase complexes that dephosphorylate eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2 subunit α (eIF2α). Analog of salubrinal with improved aqueous solubility. Shown to prevent the induction of hippocampal long-term potentiation (LTP) and memory formation (LTM) in mice.
- A4540 Okadaic acid Potent inhibitor of protein phosphatase 1 (IC50 = 3 nM) and protein phosphatase 2A (IC50 = 0.2-1 nM). Displays > 100,000,000-fold selectivity over PP2B and PP2C. Tumor promotor. Shown to activate atypical protein kinase C in adipocytes.
- A4539 NFAT Inhibitor Selective inhibitor of calcineurin-mediated dephosphorylation of nuclear factor of activated T cells (NFAT). Does not disrupt other calcineurin-dependent pathways. Inhibits NFAT activation and NFAT-dependent expression of endogenous cytokine genes in T cells.
- A4538 INCA-6 INCA-6 is a selective inhibitor of transcription factor NFAT with Kd value of 0.8 mM in vitro.