Caspases (cysteine-dependent aspartate specific ptotease) are a family of cysteine proteases that play an essential role in cell apoptosis. Caspases contain a conserved QACXG pentapeptide active site motif and are characterized by specificity for aspartic acid in the P1 position. The synthesis of caspases involves the activation of inactive proenzymes, which contain an N-terminal peptide (prodomain) together with two subunits (one small and one large), following cleavage at specific aspartate cleavage sites. Caspases can be classified into three subfamilies, due to phylogenetic analysis, including an ICE subfamily (caspases-1, -4 and -5), a CED-3/CPP32 subfamily (caspases-3, -6, -7, -8, -9 and -10) and an ICH-1/Nedd2 subfamily (caspase-2).
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A1924 Z-WEHD-FMK A synthetic peptide that irreversibly inhibits caspase-5 and related caspase activity.
- A1904 Boc-D-FMK Boc-D-FMK is a cell-permeable broad-spectrum caspase inhibitor that fully inhibits the pro-apoptotic effect of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNFα) with the half maximal inhibition concentration IC50 value of 39 μM .
Cisplatin is a highly effective and broad-spectrum chemotherapeutic agent .
- A4418 Ac-IEPD-AFC Peptide sequence shown to be preferred recognition motif for the serine protease granzyme B.
- A4419 Ac-LEHD-AFC Fluorogenic caspase substrate. Analog of the caspase-9 substrate, LEHD-AFC.
- A3424 Gambogic Acid Gambogic acid (GA) is an inducer of apoptosis with EC50 value of 0.78-1.64 μM for caspases and with IC50 values of 1.47, 1.21, 2.02, 0.66, 1.06 and 0.79 μM for Bcl-XL, Bcl-2, Bcl-W, Bcl-B, Bfl-1 and Mcl-1, respectively .
- A4016 Apoptosis Activator 2 Apoptosis Activator 2 is a small molecule apoptosis activator with IC50 value of about 4μM .
- A8170 Z-FA-FMK An inhibitor of cysteine proteases, such as cathepsin B, which do not require a P1 Asp residue.
- A4416 AZ 10417808 AZ 10417808 is a selective caspase-3 inhibitor with IC50 value of 14.9 uM .
- A4417 Ivachtin Potent, reversible inhibitor of caspase-3 (IC50 = 23 nM) that displays moderate selectivity over other caspases. Exhibits antiapoptotic activity in human Jurkat T cells treated with staurosporine; exhibits a higher level of protection than Z-VAD-FMK.