Caspases (cysteine-dependent aspartate specific ptotease) are a family of cysteine proteases that play an essential role in cell apoptosis. Caspases contain a conserved QACXG pentapeptide active site motif and are characterized by specificity for aspartic acid in the P1 position. The synthesis of caspases involves the activation of inactive proenzymes, which contain an N-terminal peptide (prodomain) together with two subunits (one small and one large), following cleavage at specific aspartate cleavage sites. Caspases can be classified into three subfamilies, due to phylogenetic analysis, including an ICE subfamily (caspases-1, -4 and -5), a CED-3/CPP32 subfamily (caspases-3, -6, -7, -8, -9 and -10) and an ICH-1/Nedd2 subfamily (caspase-2).
- Cat.No. Product Name Information
- A8238 VX-765 VX-765, an orally- absorbed pro-drug of VRT-043198, is a potent and selective inhibitor of caspase-1 which belongs to the ICE/caspase-1 sub-family caspases.
- A1923 Z-VEID-FMK Z-VEID-FMK is the specific recognition sequence for caspase-6/Mch2.
- A1922 Z-VDVAD-FMK Irreversible caspase-2 inhibitor. Attenuates oxyhemoglobin-induced cleavage of PARP and apoptosis in endothelial cells.
- A1921 Z-DQMD-FMK Caspase-3 inhibitor. Inhibits MG 132-induced small cell lung cancer cell death in vitro.
Z-DEVD-FMK is a tetrapeptide caspase inhibitor that is considered relatively selective for caspase-3 and has been widely used in in vitro and in vivo models of acute injury to delineate roles for caspase 3 in neuronal cell death.
- A8165 Q-VD(OMe)-OPh The broad spectrum caspase inhibitor, Q-VD-OPh, provides a cost effective, non toxic, and highly speciﬁc means of apoptotic inhibition and provides new insight into the design of new inhibitors1.
- A8177 PAC-1 Procaspase-activating compound; activates procaspase-3 to produce caspase-3 (EC50 = 0.22 μM). Also activates procaspase-7 in a less efficient manner (EC50 = 4.5 μM). Pro-apoptotic; induces apoptosis in both cancerous and non-cancerous cells dependent on procaspase-3 concentration (IC50 values are 0.003 - 1.41 and 5.02 - 9.98 μM respectively).
- B3233 Z-LEHD-FMK Z-LEHD-FMK is a specific, irreversible Caspase-9 inhibitor.
Z-IETD-FMK is an inhibitor of caspase 8 .
- A1930 Apoptosis Inhibitor Apoptosis Inhibitor is a cell-permeable inhibitor of apoptosis induction. It does not directly inhibit caspase-3, but effects are attributable to the inhibition of caspase-3 activation.