In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
BMY 7378 is a α2C and α1D adrenergic receptors inhibitor (pKi= 6.54 and 8.2, respectively) and a mixed agonist and antagonist for 5-HT1A receptors.
Adrenergic α1 and α2 receptors are G protein-coupled receptors that are located in CNS and periphery. It plays a role in regulating neurotransmission, smooth muscle contraction and thermogegualtion. 5-HT receptor is a G-protein coupled receptor for 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) that found in nerve systems. It also functions as receptor for various alkaloids and psychoactive substances.
BMY 7378 blocks the inhibition on forskolin-stimulated adenylate cyclase activity in rat hippocampus induced by the 5-HT1A agonist, 8-OHh-DPAT.  In rat spinal cord, BMY 7378 is a weak partial agonist at the hippocampal 5-HT1A receptors.  BMY 7378 is also the first α1D adrenergic receptors subtype selective ligand that has high affinity and had a clear pharmacological distinction between the α1B and α1D adrenergic receptors subtypes.  In ligand-binding assay, BMY 7378 displays a 10-fold selectivity for α2C adrenergic receptors over other α2 adrenergic receptors. 
BMY 7378 not only shows 5-HT1A antagonist activity in the rat behavioral experiments, but also exerts a marked decrease of 5-HT release in ventral hippocampus of the anaesthetized rat in a dose-dependent manner (0.01-1.0 mg/kg s.c.) 
1. Yocca FD, Hyslop DK, Smith DW et al. BMY 7378, a buspirone analog with high affinity, selectivity and low intrinsic activity at the 5-HT1A receptor in rat and guinea pig hippocampal membranes. Eur J Pharmacol. 1987 Jun 4;137(2-3):293-4.
2. Zemlan FP, Zieleniewski-Murphy A, Maureen Murphy R et al BMY 7378: Partial agonist at spinal cord 5-HT(1A) receptors. Neurochem Int. 1990;16(4):515-22.
3. Goetz AS, King HK, Ward SD et al. BMY 7378 is a selective antagonist of the D subtype of alpha 1-adrenoceptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 1995 Jan 16;272(2-3):R5-6.
4. Cleary L, Murad K, Bexis S et al. The alpha (1D)-adrenoceptor antagonist BMY 7378 is also an alpha (2C)-adrenoceptor antagonist. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2005 Oct;25(4):135-41.
5. Sharp T, Backus LI, Hjorth S et al. Further investigation of the in vivo pharmacological properties of the putative 5-HT1A antagonist, BMY 7378. Eur J Pharmacol. 1990 Feb 13;176(3):331-40.
|Physical Appearance||White solid|
|Storage||Store at -20°C|
|Solubility||Soluble in DMSO|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice.All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|