|EZLink Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin Kit
Amine-reactive biotinyltation kit, water-soluble
Sample solution is provided at 25 µL, 10mM.
Publications citing ApexBio Products
Components and storage
|Sufficient For: 10 labeling reactions, each with 1 to 10 mg of antibody|
|Streptavidin||10 mg||EZ-Link Sulfo-NHS-SS-Biotin||25 mg|
|HABA Solution||1 mL||PBS Pack (makes 500 mL)||1 pack|
|Sephadex G-25 in PD-10 Desalting Columns||8.3 mL, 10 columns|
|Store biotin and streptavidin reagents at -20°C. Store remaining kit components at 4°C.|
|Label or Dye:||Biotin||Product Size:||10 reactions|
|Labeling Scale:||1-10 mg||Labeling Target:||Proteins (General), Antibodies (General)|
Clearance of components and concentrations.
Quick achievement, quality assurance.
Our price is less than any of competitor.
• Amine-reaction—Reacting with primary amines (-NH2), such as lysine side-chains, or the amino-termini of polypeptides.
• Labeling antibody—This kit can label antibodies to facilitate immobilization, purification or detection.
• Labeling protein—This kit can label proteins to facilitate immobilization, purification or detection.
• Labeling Cell surface molecule—This kit can label the cell surface proteins because the negatively charged reagent does not permeate cell membranes.
• Reversible-Disulfide bond in spacer arm allows the biotin label to be removed using reducing agents such as DTT; only a small sulfhydryl group remains attached to the molecule.
• Medium length—Spacer arm (total length added to target) is 24.3 angstroms; it consists of the native biotin valeric acid group extended by a 7-atom chain
• Solubility increased—Sulfo-NHS group increases reagent water solubility compared to ordinary NHS-ester compounds.
Sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin (sulfosuccinimidyl-20(biotinamido)ethyl-1,3-dithiopropionate) is a long-chain cleavable amine-reactive biotinylation reagent. The presence of the negatively charged sulfonate group in the chemical structure of sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin makes it a water-soluble biotinylation reagent that can be directly added to aqueous reactions without prior dissolution of organic solvents. Although no prior dissolution is required, an aqueous stock solution of sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin must be prepared rapidly and used immediately in case of the occurrence of hydrolysis of the active ester. Sulfo-NHS-SS-biotin has been used to react with amine-containing proteins and other molecules forming a complex which further interacts with avidin or streptavidin probes and to purify targeted molecules using affinity chromatography on a column of immobilized avidin or streptavidin.