Amyloid β-Peptide (10-20) (human)
In vitro transcription of capped mRNA with modified nucleotides and Poly(A) tail
Tyramide Signal Amplification (TSA)
TSA (Tyramide Signal Amplification), used for signal amplification of ISH, IHC and IC etc.
Phos Binding Reagent Acrylamide
Separation of phosphorylated and non-phosphorylated proteins without phospho-specific antibody
Cell Counting Kit-8 (CCK-8)
A convenient and sensitive way for cell proliferation assay and cytotoxicity assay
SYBR Safe DNA Gel Stain
Safe and sensitive stain for visualization of DNA or RNA in agarose or acrylamide gels.
Protect the integrity of proteins from multiple proteases and phosphatases for different applications.
The amyloid β-peptide (Aβ) has a central role in initiating neurodegeneration in Alzheimer disease (AD) 1. It is widely believed to be an incidental catabolic byproduct of the amyloid β protein precursor (APP) with no normal physiological function.2
Aβ has been shown to be a ligand for a number of different receptors and other molecules3-5. It is transported between tissues and across the blood brain barrierby complex trafficking pathways6. Aβ is modulated in response to a variety of environmental stressors and is able to induce pro-inflammatory activities7.
Soluble amyloid β-peptide fragment that is a substrate for gelatinase A/type IV collagenase/MMP-2 and APP secretase; cleaved between Lys16 and Leu17.
Figure1. Structure of Amyloid β-Peptide
1. Small, D.H., Mok, S.S. & Bornstein, J.C. Alzheimer’s disease and Aβ-toxicity: From top to bottom. Nature Rev. Neurosci. 2, 595–598 (2001)
2. Soscia SJ, Kirby JE, Washicosky KJ, Tucker SM, Ingelsson M, Hyman B, Burton MA, Goldstein LE, Duong S, Tanzi RE, Moir RD (2010). Bush, Ashley I.. ed. The Alzheimer's Disease-Associated Amyloid β-Protein Is an Antimicrobial Peptide. PLoS ONE 5 (3)
3. Le Y, Gong W, Tiffany HL, Tumanov A, Nedospasov S, et al. (2001) Amyloid (b)42 activates a G-protein-coupled chemoattractant receptor, FPR-like-1.J Neurosci 21: RC123.
4. Koldamova RP, Lefterov IM, Lefterova MI, Lazo JS (2001) Apolipoprotein A-I directly interacts with amyloid precursor protein and inhibits Ab aggregation and toxicity. Biochemistry 40: 3553–3560.
5. Maezawa I, Jin LW, Woltjer RL, Maeda N, Martin GM, et al. (2004) Apolipoprotein E isoforms and apolipoprotein AI protect from amyloid precursor protein carboxy terminal fragment-associated cytotoxicity. J Neurochem 91: 1312–1321.
6. Tanzi RE, Moir RD, Wagner SL (2004) Clearance of Alzheimer’s Ab peptide: the many roads to perdition. Neuron 43: 605–608.
7. Paris D, Town T, Parker TA, Tan J, Humphrey J, et al. (1999) Inhibition of Alzheimer’s b-amyloid induced vasoactivity and proinflammatory response in microglia by a cGMP-dependent mechanism. Exp Neurol 157: 211–221.
|Physical Appearance||A solid|
|Storage||Desiccate at -20°C|
|Solubility||≥144.7mg/mL in DMSO|
|Chemical Name||Amyloid β-Peptide (10-20) (human)|
|Shipping Condition||Evaluation sample solution : ship with blue ice.All other available size: ship with RT , or blue ice upon request|
|General tips||For obtaining a higher solubility , please warm the tube at 37 ℃ and shake it in the ultrasonic bath for a while.Stock solution can be stored below -20℃ for several months.|